Over the past few months, thanks to generous support from different organizations and individuals as well as the dedicated work of our staff, we've had many new developments at Countryside Class:
- Salaries and New Staff - After their visit, Avenir Pour l’Enfance decided to donate one year of salaries for four staff members at Countryside Class. Thanks to this donation, we have added two new teachers to our staff: Vatey and Pheakdey.
- Bathroom - With money donated from Slovenia, we are currently constructing a bathroom so that the students have a hygienic toilet and can spend more time at Countryside Class.
- Water Diversion Project - Every year many parts of Cambodia flood during the rainy season, and we usually had to shut down classes as the water pooled in front of the classroom. With money from Avenir Pour l’Enfance, we raised the level of the road and built a drainage system to divert the water to the river behind the classroom.
- New Classroom - Largely funded by Avenir Pour l’Enfance, we were able to expand our services greatly by constructing a new classroom. Because of the new classroom, we were able to take on more students and two new teachers. With the extra classroom, we can teach two classes simultaneously and better divide the students into ability levels.
- Read Cross Training - David, a New Zealander, from Read Cross came to teach Sambon, Yeat, and Sambath about a new phonetic symbol system for teaching English.